pregnancy care, education & support services
Prenatal care is an investment in the long-term health of our families and community. In turn, fewer dollars are needed for intensive care and special needs. Our programs help Napa achieve more full-term pregnancies and fewer low-weight babies. Our work is making a difference.
Healthy Moms and Babies provides coordinated prenatal care to low-income women. We help over 750 women each year—half of all births in Napa County— through:
- Quality Care. All private Napa County obstetricians and certified nurse midwives provide medical care in their own offices to Healthy Moms and Babies clients.
- Comprehensive Care. Includes case management, psychosocial support, nutrition education, gestational diabetes care, breastfeeding support and education.
- Community Partnerships. We collaborate with hospitals, county service agencies, medical providers and social service agencies.
- Access to Services. We provide rapid access to prenatal care for all clients.
Services We Offer:
- Pregnancy Testing
- Assistance with applications for MediCal or Presumptive Eligibility
- Make the first appointment with the obstetrical provider of your choice
- A case manager who works with you personally throughout your pregnancy, providing you with emotional and educational support to ensure a health baby
- Counseling services with a Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Nutrition Education with a Registered Dietitian
- Diabetes education
- Parent education classes
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Childbirth preparation and classes
- Referrals to County and Community services
To work jointly with hospitals, healthcare providers and other community-based organizations to provide a comprehensive system of prenatal care and support services for under-served pregnant women in Napa County, so that every baby is a healthy baby.